Single-page applications (SPAs) are web applications or websites that load a single HTML page and dynamically update the content of that page as the user interacts with the app. Single-page applications work inside a browser and don’t require loading entire new pages from a server. They differ from a traditional web page architecture when every change is performed with requests to the server and a browser reloads a web page from scratch.
Single-page applications are good for making responsive websites and progressive web apps and they have a number of advantages.
- SPAs provide a more flexible, desktop-like experience to users.
- They are fast because most resources (HTML, CSS, and Scripts) are loaded only once. Only data are transmitted as the user navigates through the app.
- As there is no need to write code to render web pages on the server, the development of single-page applications is streamlined and simplified.
- The server consumes fewer resources because developers can provide an efficient API instead of building the layouts server-side.
- Single-page applications can cache effectively any local storage and may be transformed into progressive web apps to enable users work offline.
- Programmers can debug SPAs using the Chrome browser that allows users to monitor network operations.
Sing-page app development is a modern trend. SSA Frontend has extensive experience in building single-page applications with real-time connections and dynamic content upload to provide a faster and immersive user experience. If you are considering building a single-page app for your business, contact us to learn how we can help you provide an outstanding experience to your users and save you time and money.
You might be interested in headless CMS solutions.