Single-page applications (SPAs) are web applications or websites that load a single HTML page and dynamically update the content of that page as the user interacts with the app. Single-page applications work inside a browser and don’t require loading entire new pages from a server. They differ from a traditional web page architecture when every change is performed with requests to the server and a browser reloads a web page from scratch.
Single-page applications are good for making responsive websites and progressive web apps and they have a number of advantages.
- SPAs provide a more flexible, desktop-like experience to users.
- They are fast because most resources (HTML, CSS, and Scripts) are loaded only once. Only data are transmitted as the user navigates through the app.
- As there is no need to write code to render web pages on the server, the development of single-page applications is streamlined and simplified.
- The server consumes fewer resources because developers can provide an efficient API instead of building the layouts server-side.
- Single-page applications can cache effectively any local storage and may be transformed into progressive web apps to enable users work offline.
- Programmers can debug SPAs using the Chrome browser that allows users to monitor network operations.
Sing-page app development is a modern trend. SSA Frontend has extensive experience in building single-page applications with real-time connections and dynamic content upload to provide a faster and immersive user experience. If you are considering building a single-page app for your business, contact us to learn how we can help you provide an outstanding experience to your users and save you time and money.